Can’t do anything coherent on this one. Things to say:
- Quieter than the last one, but then not during a major arts festival so
that’s to be expected.
- Several performances from the likes of Peter Michael Rowan (who manages
to produce a violin from some Secret Violin Place. I wonder if all cafe’s
have them. Is it stated in the bylaws that all places for the consumption
of coffee and sundries must have a violin somewhere on the premises?
- And Pam of course.
- Also performances from Eko, Frank and Stuart.
- The pot plants are in the basement (where we were performing last time.
This was not necessary this time on account of the cafe being quieter (since
there isn’t actually a major international arts festival going on at the moment),
and the upstairs being much warmer than the downstairs. The coffe machines
are very loud though.
- I coerce Peter into trying to violin solo over the single chord of Waltz
Without Touching. This might have been an imposition because it’s dead
modal, and a bit of an unfair thing to drop on a chap.
- I do a bunch of stuff, beginning with The Things You Get and ending
with Comforting Lie.
- A member of the audience, Meg (I believe), cross-examines me on the significance
of some of the lines in my songs. I am worryingly unsure about what they mean
– in terms of the exact significance of The Things You Get this may
be becuase it’s several years since I thought about what it’s about. I may
even have changed my mind since then.
- We are eventually ejected because the staff have a party to go to.